A source of factual, unbiased information on the Mental Health field.
- "West Plains psychiatrist, Dr. William Cone, was found guilty in Lafayette County Circuit Court of six counts of sexual assault and 13 counts of deviate sexual assault on his patients, including performing oral sex on a 13-year-old boy. Two women said he gave them large amounts of psychotropic drugs and would do what he wanted, including performing sexual acts on him, because they were addicted and were afraid he would quit giving them the drugs..."
- "...It's often difficult to find information presenting a view differing from the Psychiatric community. These pages present the other view, one not motivated by profit, of the truth about shock therapy. While this viewpoint is totally opposite of what any shock doctor will tell you, the statistical and anecdotal evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of banning any form of shock treatment or electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). ..."--Ban Shock
Mental Health Facts
- Unbiased, factual Mental Health Information
Citizens Commission on Human Rights
Mental Health Investigator
- "... In June, 1996 Brabant Newspapers brought to light the case of Robbie Thompson, a brain injured patient who was abused by Ahmos Rolider at Chedoke-McMaster Hospitals. Videotape and other documents obtained by Brabant showed that Robbie was physically assaulted on numerous occasions as a form of "aversion therapy" that his parents called "sadistic" and "cruel". ..."--Mental Health Investigator
Baker Act Ward Psychiatric Hospital
- "...Now it is time to ask the original question; who truly profits from the Psychiatric Interventions? I can provide a list, in order of who profits the most. #1. Pharmaceutical Companies make billions on psychotropic medicines. #2. The Hospital probably makes between $500 and $1000 a day on the patient. #3. The Psychiatrist makes from $100 to $300 per visit. ..."--Baker Act Ward Psychiatric Hospital
The Fraud of Child Psychiatry, ADD/ADHD, Attention Deficit Disorder, and Ritalin
- "Much of today's psychiatric science is based on wish, myth, and politics..." - Loren Mosher, M.D., Former Chief of the Center for Studies of Schizophrenia, The National Institute of Mental Health.
- ...A brilliant expose of the scandalous failure of modern psychiatry..."--Bernard Rimland, PhD., Director of the Autism Research Institute --The Fraud of Child Psychiatry, ADD/ADHD, Attention Deficit Disorder, and Ritalin.
Citizens for Higher Ethical Standards in Medicine
- "Contrary to the popular public conception, this happenstance is NOT a form of health care, but the result of a fraudulent system being granted police powers by the State. By calling the harmless 'insane', (who statistics prove to be no more violence-prone than the average citizen, unless hopelessly deranged by damaging psychiatric 'treatment'), dangerous and justifying their own existence by the 'need' to deal with that inflated 'danger', the mad-doctors themselves pose the greatest threat to liberty, property and democracy in our times."--Citizens for Higher Ethical Standards in Medicine
- "A San Francisco Superior Court jury decided earlier this month that psychiatrist Paul Lowinger abused Francine Rahn, a 43-year-old teacher. "I hope this verdict sends a message to other therapists that if they take advantage of their vulnerable patients, an American jury will stand up and make sure the patient is fully compensated," Hahn's lawyer, John Winer, said."--Psychiatric Tattler
The AntiPsychiatry Website
People Against Coercive Treatment
Network Against Coercive Psychiatry
"...The Network is emerging at an historical juncture that constitutes a time of potential danger as well as opportunity. The danger lies in the continued expansion of psychiatric power and of the merger of the "mental health" system with the American government. This forbodes a social control apparatus as totalitarian as that forseen by George Orwell in 1984. In this case conformity to social norms would be enforced by mental health professionals playing the role of Big Brother. The opportunity lies in the possible development of a social movement against the mental health system. ..."
Lunatics' Liberation Front
The Men Behind Hitler
Pseudoscience in Psychology
- "Mental illness is often used as an ad homenim to discredit the individual. This has been a common use of psychiatric diagnosis in psychiatry in Russia. " ... there are two main groups [of schizophrenia patients] ... 1) people admitted to the mental hospital long before they had been political dissenters ... 2. others who ... have put forward complex social and economic theories as alternatives to orthodox Marxism..." (Wing, cited in Szasz, 1994, p. 126)."--Pseudoscience in Psychology
Foucalt Tribunal on the state of Psychiatry
- "We conclude that, being unwilling to renounce the use of force, violence and coercion, psychiatry is guilty of crimes against humanity: the deliberate destruction of dignity, liberty and life. Most of all through the legal category of "mental patient" which permits a total deprivation of human and civil rights and the laws of natural justice. ..."--Foucalt Tribunal on the state of Psychiatry
The Dark Site of Psychiatry
- "... chemical 'imbalances' to be corrected by drugs and other interventions like
Electro-Convulsive Therapy [ECT] or insulin shock. These widely used but controversial methods in official medicine have been for many years amply invalidated..."--The Dark Site of Psychiatry
The Law Office of Hamilton D. Moore
Psychiatric Abuse article
- "..A small state agency is challenging a Nevada law that allows people to be carted off to mental hospitals and held against their wills for up to 14 days - even if they don't need treatment.
- "...patients become "hostages for money" in private hospitals, which collect from insurance companies..."
- "...Consider the possibility that there are no such things as "bipolar disorder" and "schizophrenia," except in the imagination of psychiatrists. Consider the possiblity that these words don't stand for diseases "just like diabetes," that they have no concrete referents. ..."-- ELECTROSHOCK
What You Should Know About Psychiatry and Psychiatric Drugs
Campaign Against Fraudulent Medical Research
Books on Psychiatry
This Way Lies Ruin
Articles on the Mental Health Field
Mental Health Information from and concerning patients
Quotes on the Mental Health Field
Non-Mental Health Related sites that have added a link to this site
drop me a line @ email@example.com